Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

How Do You Pay For Gas?

I am a pay at the pump kind of girl, there is nothing I hate more than walking into the convenience store, wait in line behind some idiot who is picking his lotto numbers, walk back to my car, and then pump gas. I like the convenience of sticking my card in the card slot, pump the gas, get my receipt, and drive away.

Here lies the problem.

Due to the fact that people like to tamper with credit card readers, there is always a chance of your credit card information being stolen. Because of this, I pay for my gas with a credit card instead of my check card.

This in turn stops me from maintaining a zero balance. I start off paying the charge in full the next day, but after a while I start to let it pile up.

Perhaps I should start paying with cash.

3 comments:

  1. I always pay with cash, then I hand over my card which gives me 4 cents off every litre, and put my savings away in my glove box, to be added later to my piggy bank. I leave my debit card details ( I don,t have a credit card ) as few places as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get gas from the same gas station all the time, so I put money on a gift card once a month. This way it doesn't mess with the budget.

    I wrote a post about it some time ago http://ifiwereawealthygirl.blogspot.com/2010/03/who-says-you-have-to-use-envelopes.html

    ReplyDelete