Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back To School, Yet Again.

As I stated in my last post, my position is going away and I have decided to train for a new career and give up retail. I am going back to school to study nursing (or nutrition) and start a new career. This time I am being smart about it and going to a community college first and get an A.S. The tuition is $89 per credit hour and the school will let you pay in installments, I am trying to not use anymore student loan money. After I graduate I will try to get a job in a hospital that offers tuition reimbursement and let them pay for my B.S.

I received my acceptance letter from the community college today and have to go in and speak with an adviser. Before I can apply to the nursing program I have to take the prerequisite classes

Anatomy 1
Anatomy 2
Micro Biology
Sociology

and pass with at least a "C".

Competition to get into nursing school is tough, so I am going to work very hard to pass all of these classes with A's.

If I do not get accepted into the nursing program I will pursue nutrition.

1 comment:

  1. This is so crazy - I am in the SAME boat...well not completely but I am going back to school for nursing as well. I haven't announced it on my blog but have alluded to the fact that I am taking classes. I just finished my 2nd pre-req, A&PI and am taking A&P II in the fall. Email me if you ever want to chat! :)

    ReplyDelete