Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

M.I.A

I know I have been M.I.A over the past month, but a lot of changes have been going on and I did not want to post about them until things have settled down.

1. I have a new job.

In previous post I have written about my work schedule changing, working long hours and not being paid for them, and the possibility of my position being eliminated. I am glad to report that I got a new job with a better schedule that will allow me to take classes in preparation for nursing school.

2. I opened a store on Art Fire and Etsy.

Ever since I discovered Etsy 4 years ago I have had dreams of opening a store and selling some of the things I learned to make in design school (I need to do something to justify the $600 in student loan payments I am making every month). I haven't made or listed anything yet, but I am excited at the prospect.

3. I am recommitted to my financial goals.

With leaving my last job I paid off the charge card I opened (the only way employees could get the discount was to charge it on a store credit card), seeing that zero balance has made me eager to pay off the rest of my cards. I am making good progress with my Amex and now that I don't work where I used to work I shouldn't be making any more nonessential purchases.

I'm back, and I plan to start posting more regularly.

1 comment:

  1. Great to have you back, good luck with your online shop, and all your goals.

    ReplyDelete