Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What Are You Thankful For?

My birthday was last weekend, I am now 31 years old.

While eating dinner with my family I started to feel depressed. I was reflecting on my life and how it did not turn out the way I thought it would. While discussing this with my sister she said to me

"Your life could be a lot worse, find something to be thankful for."

So.........what am I thankful for?

1. I have a job.
2. I have somewhere nice to live.
3. I have $1800 in my savings' account.
4. My car is paid off.
5. I am relatively healthy.
6. I have a very supportive mother.

So far that is all I can think of.

What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

  1. I'm working on this right now since I've been going through hard times this past year. I've actually started keeping a gratitude journal where I record one positive thought or something I'm thankful for each day. The big ones are as follows:
    -I am married to the love of my life and we're extremely well-suited to each other which makes for a close friendship as well as a great romance.
    -We have a beautiful daughter who has the best of each of us.
    -I have a job where I work with people I love, even if I don't have much money.
    -I have some close friends who have been so supportive during this hellish year.
    -I have a very close relationship with my mother and sister.
    -I have two very cute dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Birthday was also last weekend and I hit the big 60 mark, and so I have Grandchildren to be thankful for as well as which my Hubby is in remission from Leukemia, so I say my thanks every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only 2 weeks until winter is over in Australia, I'm thankful for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that number 5 is possibly the most important, but what about personal happiness? I guess it does relate to the rest of those things, but just curious.

    I'm thankful for:

    1. Having 4 jobs (for now) which means fairly steady income for the first time in my life
    2. Having that epiphany that I should rethink my finances when I did (this past summer)
    3. Having two beautiful kitty cats that I love dearly
    4. Having a wonderful, supportive boyfriend and good friends

    What I'm not thankful for: things. I don't find serenity in having all that stuff in my apartment anymore. Good, happy thought to have.

    Good luck starting over!

    ReplyDelete