Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How old is Jamal?

A few weeks ago I posted about the TEAS exam and the problems I was having with the algebra portion on the math section. I also posted a question from the practice questions that was just kicking my butt. Two of you answered the problem.

Lindsay and nicoleandmaggie were correct

Jamal is 14.

This one problem has caused me many a sleepless night trying to figure it out.

I just completed the practice test for the math section and got 48 out of 60 correct.

Not bad, but not good enough.


1 comment:

  1. Now I am confused!

    "Jamal's age is 3 less than twice Henry's age. The sum on Jamal and Henry's ages is 39. How old is Jamal?

    a. 14
    b. 39
    c. 21
    d. 25"

    I figured it as Henry being 14 and Jamal being 25. If he is 3 less than twice Henry's age (with Henry being 14,) it would be 28 - 3 = 25 // 25 + 14 = 39

    If Jamal were 14, then Henry would be 8.5 which does not add up to 39. Am I reading this wrong?

    ReplyDelete